The Awful South Side

This past Friday and Saturday my husband and I took a very quick trip to Chicago.  We went for one reason.  (No, the Cubs were not in town, but I will share more about the Cubs connection in the next post.)  We went to Chicago because my husband is a Detroit Tigers fan and they were supposed to be playing a double-header on Friday to make up for opening weekend.  While being a Cubs fan in St. Louis can be painful at times, at least I get chances to see my Cubbies play.  My husband never gets the chance.  In the 10 years we’ve lived here, the Tigers have been in town once.  (Unfortunately, my husband was at a conference, so he didn’t even get to see them play then!)  The chances for him to see the Tigers play live are few and far between, so we were excited for cheap tickets to a double header.
Unfortunately, there was rain in the forecast, so the White Sox cancelled the first game.  (Wimps!)  Frankly, I think they probably could have gotten the game in.  Yes, there was some light rain shortly after game time, but the rain didn’t get heavy enough to cancel again until later.  Plus, there was no thunder or lightning.  We were very glad we had bought the day pass for the “L” instead of paying by the ride, as we had to leave and come back. 
The night game was delayed by rain for an hour and a half.  It had been an early morning (as we had to get up early to catch the train to Chicago), so we only made it through six innings before we had to leave because we were so tired.  (Unfortunately, the Tigers were losing at the time and lost the game in the end.  While I am not a Tigers fan, I want ANYBODY to beat the White Sox.  My husband and I adamantly agree on this.)  The way the White Sox handled the rain just gave me one more reason to despise the South Siders. 

Fortunately, while we didn’t attend any games on Saturday, the highlight of the trip (for me at least) happened on Saturday.  Keep watching for that post!

Waiting for the rain to end

Comments

Popular Posts