All-Star Games

Part of me wants to say #VoteCub for the All Star Game.  However, I believe that the best player at each position should make the All Star team.  In some positions, I truly believe that Cubs players belong (Rizzo, especially with his recent surge; Bryant; and Zobrist, even though he is hurt).  Unfortunately, Happ is not on the list.  However, I do think true baseball fans should vote.
I admit that I am not a huge fan of the online voting.  It used to be that you could only get a ballot at a game, which limited voting to people who actually went to games.  I liked this, with the exception that people who are true fans who live far away from a major league team (like all of those Iowans), may not be able to make it to a game and vote.  I honestly don't know what the best solution is.  However, I will encourage people who are true baseball fans to vote.  It is important for people who follow all of baseball (hopefully like the readers of this blog) to vote to help balance out the people only trying to help their team's players, since they really don't know very much about other players.
So, if you are a baseball fan, make sure to vote by June 29th.  If you don't actually know anything about other baseball players, please don't vote.
You can vote here.

Comments

Popular Posts